Monday, November 20, 2006

11-20-06: Senators 5, Wild 3

Hehehe… wild senators… this is going to be a fun week for me. Anyway, I wasn’t watching terribly closely, so I’m just going to dispense with the numbers and point out the best thing about this game, which is listening to all the analysts desperately backpedal about Ottawa now that they’re doing a bit of winning.

“See, Bob, every team has slumps and I always knew they'd pull it together eventually, just look at all their talent.”

“Of course, Steve, I certainly never called for Alfredsson to be decapitated and his bleeding head mounted on a giant spike outside the city.”

“No, no, I don’t think any of us really meant it when we suggested that the entire team be sold into sex slavery in Southeast Asia. That’s just a figure of speech. Of course they were due to bounce back, we all said so, didn’t we Bob?”

So evidently there is joy in Mudville tonight, and everybody loves the Sens again, at least until their next loss. Just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Hopefully the Wild will be so emotionally traumatized by this that they won’t have time to get their act together by Wednesday.

No comments: